The Inclusive Excellence Grant (formerly known as the Chancellor’s Diversity Challenge Fund) is a funding opportunity to support innovative University-level activities, events or projects that have the potential to enhance diversity, promote equity and foster inclusion throughout UNC Charlotte and our surrounding communities. Open to faculty and staff, this initiative provides modest resources with a preference for projects that are rooted in high-impact, evidence-based practices; involve cross-cultural collaborations; hold the most significant potential for sustainable success; and align with the strategic goals of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Projects selected for funding are restricted to a maximum award amount up to $10,000.
All funds must be spent in accordance with University fiscal and procurement policies.
Limited non-state funds are available for food items and other expenses that may not be purchased with state funds. Requests for food purchases will be considered. Funding for food expenses will not exceed $500 and will be based on availability.
Fall 2022 Request for Proposals
- Proposal Submissions Open: Jan. 4, 2022
- Proposal Deadline: April 12, 2022
- Awardees Notified: May 30, 2022
- Project Completion Period: July 2022–June 2023
Spring 2023 Request for Proposals
- Proposal Submissions Open: Aug. 15, 2022
- Proposal Deadline: Oct. 1, 2022
- Awardees Notified: Nov. 15, 2022
- Project Completion Period: Jan. 1-June 1, 2023
Proposal Priority Areas
Aims to invite student-centric and collaborative programming and partnerships among groups, centers, programs, registered student organizations, and/or initiatives that are looking to address the importance of diverse views and cultures. These programs should educate others on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, strengthen belonging and engagement among minoritized groups, and increase opportunities for collaborative learning around issues of inclusive excellence.
Proposal Rating Criteria
Project Final Report
Awardees are required to submit an outcome report no more than 60 days following the completion of the program, activity, or implementation of the initiative which must be completed within 11 months of being awarded. Failure to do so will prevent future consideration of funding for Innovation in Inclusive Excellence Grants and associated partners. Your outcome report should include the following:
- Overview of major activities
- Results – findings, developments, conclusions
- Key outcomes and/or achievements and evidence of activity
- How the project has resulted in increased impact or capacity in the identified project priority area(s)
- Final budget expenditures and supporting documentation
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.